|Posted by Kimberly on January 13, 2019 at 8:10 AM|
PLEASE NOTE: This image was posted on a computer screen, where it appears sideways. And it sometimes--but not always--appears upright on a cell phone screen. Go figure, I guess So, take this all as you will...
↕ ↕ ↕
And to take everything, always, in context.
∞ ∞ ∞
~ And please do click on the photo as well ~
↕ ↕ ↕
NOTE the Survival of the Fattest album (below) is intended to be obnoxious and kinda offensive--as it is punk rock music from Southern California. And that if you are offended by it, you are missing the point.
The album cover and title is not to criticize any individual overweight person, but to point out that as an overall society we do need to stop consuming so much.
Also note that "Fat Wreck Chords" (the name of the label) ALSO suggests that whoever has the "Fattest" beats and the "Wreck-y-est Chords" will ultimately win out in the evolutionary race.
↓ ↓ ↓
~ The 1st track (and the last!) on this tongue-in-cheek album offers a tongue-in-cheek glance into our current state of affairs ~
This is a bootleg YouTube recording here, which is not that good, since these artists are not that famous and do need the $$
But note that I have purchased this album 4 times - and strongly encourage you to make a purchase yourself, as the whole album really rips !!
1. Hi-Standard - California Dreamin'
2. No Use For A Name - Justified Black Eye [2:18]
3. Snuff - Nick Northern [4:57]
4. Propagandhi - Nation States [8:14]
5. Lagwagon - Sleep [10:32]
6. Diesel Boy - Titty Twister [12:28]
7. Good Riddance - Mother Superior [14:26]
8. Tilt - Libel [17:30]
9. Wizo - Raum Der Zeit [19:53]
10. Strung Out - Rotten Apple [21:33]
11. NOFX - Vincent [24:02]
12. Frenzal Rhomb - Run [27:26]
13. Hi-Standard - Wait For The Sun [30:18] ~ another good metaphor for this day and age
14. Lagwagon - Lamens Terms [32:37]
15. Bracket - Talk Show [35:24]
16. Snuff - Walk [38:10]
17. Me First And The Gimme Gimmes - Country Roads [40:04]
afterpostmodern.org by Kimberly Pratt is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.